AIA Miami presents the 16th Annual – 2009 International Architectural Photography Competition. The top entries will be exhibited during Celebrate Architecture 2009 as well at the 2010 AIA National Convention in Miami. With this call of entries, AIA Miami introduces a special category in honor of the 2010 AIA National Convention in Miami. Entries located in Miami will be selected for a special exhibit during the event in June 2010.
The competition is open to the general public and amateur photographers. Professional photographers are not eligible. Images submitted by ineligible individuals will not be processed and will not be returned.
The subject matter must have an architectural theme or must contain some element of the built environment. Location of images is unrestricted. Additionally as part of the 2010 AIA National Convention, entries located in Miami will be selected to be exhibited during the convention (June 10-12, 2010).
Best Overall Entry – $500
First Place Color Print – $250
First Place Black & White – $250
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Entry Fee is non-refundable $40.00 US ($15.00 for students) for up to five (5) prints per entry.
- FEE and completed Entry Form MUST accompany the prints entered.
- Unlimited number of entries.
- Only Framed & Mounted Prints ready for display may be entered. Images are to be mounted on 11” x 14” board with presentation quality white mat boards. Entries not adhering to format will not be processed and will not be returned.
- If entry is originally in digital format, provide image file in a compact disk (readable by windows). Each image must be in JPG or TIFF format.
- Entries must have been taken and owned by the entrant.
- Attach a sealed envelope to the back of each mounted print with the following:
- Entrant’s name, address, and telephone number
- Print title
- Location of image and other descriptive information
- Highlight if image is in Miami for inclusion in the 2010 AIA convention exhibit
- Entrants grant permission to AIA Miami to show prints for exhibitions, publications and for promotional purposes. All winning entries will become the property of AIA Miami.
- Submission of entry implies acceptance of all above conditions.
Entry(s) must be received by 5:00 PM October 23, 2009
MAIL ENTRIES TO:
2009 International Architectural Photography Competition
275 University Drive
Coral Gables, Florida 33134
For additional information call: AIA Miami at (305) 448-7488