As we motor toward the future, it’s time to rethink the structure that houses our automobiles?the humble garage. Dwell’s newest contest, sponsored by Lexus, is a challenge to incorporate forward-thinking technology into a freestanding building that can hold no more than three vehicles. Using Google SketchUp, entrants are invited to submit at least two renderings?one interior and one exterior?that illustrate the technological possibilities and sustainable potential of the garage of the future.
* Must be an original, unbuilt rendering of a residential garage that holds no more than three vehicles
* Must include at least one integrated technological system geared toward automobile maintenance and/or storage
* Proposed structure must be constructed of predominately recyclable materials
* Include at least two Google SketchUp renderings of the garage, including an interior rendering that illustrates the proposed technological system and an exterior rendering
* Include the name of the entry
* Include a 500-word description of the overall concept, including choice of materials and an explanation of the proposed technology and overall sustainable features
Register by: 11-20-2009 / Submit by: 11-20-2009