Landes Bioscience, a publisher of international research in the life sciences is planning to publish a series of features about the architecture of science research buildings and will pay $500 for each accepted essay and give the author 50 reprints. This is a great opportunity to make some extra cash and add publications to your resume.
You can pick whatever building you want to write about, but it must be a bioscience building and you must provide printable pictures (hi-res and with permission granted).
We are interested specifically in learning:
* how architects engaged scientists in the design process and what they learned from them;
* how architects managed the constraints of the site;
* what choices were made about layout, materials and aesthetics;
* how lab space is laid out and why
* what other projects influenced the design choices made; and
* what works well (and/or not so well) in the building