The 2010 Andreu World International Design Contest begins with a series of innovations to the website and a new image celebrating the event’s first ten years.
During its first ten years, the contest has established itself among designers of all ages, professionals and students from all fields of design and from all parts of the world.
More than 300 projects received during the past year demonstrate the event’s progressive growth.
Both students and professional in the field of design may enter for this competition, without age limit.
The challenge is to design a seat or a table in witch innovative design / styling contributions are made, bearing in mind the technical specifications in the briefing.
Deadline for entries is September 13, 2010.
1. All design students or designers can take part in this competition, with no age restriction.1. All design students or designers can take part in this competition, with no age restriction.
2. Specifications for the piece to be designed are outlined in the ANDREU WORLD, S.A. product BRIEFING. The design must provide technical and formal solutions in compliance with the terms indicated. (See Briefing).
3. The designers interested in taking part can find the conditions and briefing in a printable format at “Downloads”, as well as the registration form in “Inscription” under the http://www.andreuworld.com site. On the “Inscription” section the new contestants can register filling out the form. After doing this they will receive an Email with a link to validate their registration. Once registered and after identifying on the site, you can check and modify your registration on “Inscription/Personal Data”. Besides you can see and request contestant numbers on the “Inscription/Participant numbers”, as many numbers as you need.
4. Any designs arriving without the ANDREU WORLD, S.A. contestant number will be excluded from the Competition. Designs arriving with a number not included in the ANDREU WORLD, S.A. database will also be excluded.
All the material sent (1:5 scale prototype of the proposed piece, short project report, CD and the box in which the project is sent) must be identified with the contestant number given to you.
5. Entries will be analysed according to the following:
Production costs, fulfilment of intended purpose and ergonomics.
Innovative features that serve to enhance the quality of the product will be evaluated for their viability. The designs presented must be suitable for mechanized mass production.
The product must be original and not previously produced.
6. Entries must comprise the following material:
A 1:5 scale prototype of the proposed piece.
A short project report, from two to four pages typed in double-spacing on one side A4 size
(8 ½ inches x 11 inches for projects coming from the Unite States of America).
CD with the plans, sketches, outlines and description necessary for understanding the design.
Send material addressed to:
ANDREU WORLD, S.A.
C/ Los Sauces, 7 Urb. Olimar
46370 Chiva – Valencia – Spain
P.O. BOX – Apdo. nº 127
46370 Chiva – Valencia – Spain
Entries must be sent before 20th of September 2010.
The projects from the United States can be sent to the following address:
Andreu World America
Chicago Merchandise Mart
222 Merchandise Mart Plaza
Chicago, Illinois 60654
Showroom 10-132 – 10th Floor
before 13th September 2010.
7. Two monetary prizes will be awarded:
1st Prize – 4,000 euros
2nd Prize – 2,000 euros
A maximum of 3 special mentions may be awarded by the jury
The jury will be made up exclusively of Professional Designers
The award ceremony will be held on 28th September 2010 in the Andreu World booth at the Habitat Valencia trade fair.
8. The award-winning designs that comply with the criteria ANDREU WORLD, S.A. considers suitable for production will become the property of ANDREU WORLD, S.A. The company will contact the designer for agreement on the conditions for said production in accordance with internal company policy.
ANDREU WORLD, S.A. maintains priority rights over all designs submitted. The designer agrees to possible negotiation relative to the subsequent production and marketing of said designs.
For this purpose, together with the entry form, the designer is required to present a duly signed declaration consisting of the following text:
“In the event of receiving one of the prizes or special mentions awarded, or in the event that ANDREU WORLD, S.A. considers my work to match the criteria that ANDREU WORLD, S.A. deems suitable for production, I hereby grant the property of my work to ANDREU WORLD, S.A., which reserves all rights over the same including those of reproduction or publication for a period as established by national law, in exchange for being paid royalties in accordance with the internal regulations of the company, with the option to renew the contract after this legal period.”
9. All entries failing to contain the above declaration, signed by the designer, included in the envelope with the aforesaid contestant number shall be rejected.
10. The awards may be withheld if the majority (half plus one) of the members of the Professional Jury are not in agreement.
11. Any claims arising in relation to the authorship of the design or of possible plagiarism thereof, will be the responsibility of the designer.
12. Andreu World shall not be responsible for the condition in which project may arrive as a result of handling during transportation.
13. The presented works can be taken away by their authors in the Andreu World S.A. building from October 13th 2010 until December 17th 2010. The contestants must notify it with 24 hours in advance to Andreu Word so they can be prepared the works for its transportation. Once this period of time has past and the works have not been taken away, it will be understood that the contestant renounces to recover them and Andreu World can proceed with them however they find appropiate.
14. In the event of non-fulfilment of any of the rules herein, the design submitted will be excluded from the Competition.
15. Rules deposited with notary.