CURATE THIS! 2010 is the second installment of the CURATE THIS! exhibition series created by BECA: Bridge for Emerging Contemporary Art. The annual global art + design event and arts + cultural exchange will take place from July 1 – December 31.
Through the introduction and exhibition of works of new art + new design and related projects by pARTicipating artists, architects, designers, duos, groups and collectives around the world, The BECA Foundation aims to facilitate an experimental, cross-pollination of new ideas for creative innovation in diverse locations around the world.
CURATE THIS! 2010 Special Projects for pARTicipants include:
– International Public Vote Award. One artist, architect, designer, duo, group or collective will receive this award of $2,500. The online vote will take place from August 15 – 17, 2010. Those receiving the top 15 vote totals will have their works published in the 2010 edition of the CURATE THIS! publication.
– CURATE THIS! 2010 – NEW ART. Helen Pheby, PhD, Curator of Yorkshire Sculpture Park, UK, will be selecting 10 – 20 CURATE THIS! 2010 Artists and their works for inclusion in this special upcoming publication.
– CURATE THIS! 2010 – NEW DESIGN. Ellen Lupton, Curator of Contemporary Design at the Smithsonian’s Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, will be selecting 10 – 20 CURATE THIS! 2010 Designers and their works for inclusion in this special upcoming publication.
– CURATE THIS! online magazine. The BECA Foundation will soon be launching the CURATE THIS! online magazine featuring participating CURATE THIS! Artists, Architects + Designers from around the world. A special monthly feature will focus on 5 participating Artists, Architects and/or Designers.
– WEAR ART. A group of CURATE THIS! 2010 Artists, Architects + Designers will be invited to have their works of art or design included in the upcoming launch of this new BECA Foundation project.
Information posted at: http://www.curatethis.org/for-artists-and-designers.php