The State Historic Preservation Office
Michigan Modern 1940-1970 Request for Proposals
The State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) of the Michigan State Housing Development Authority (“Authority”) is seeking an individual or firm to develop a historic context narrative for Michigan Modern 1940-1970.
Work will include:
- Researching and writing a historic context narrative
- Conducting oral histories with significant Michigan-based architects and/or designers from the period
- Conducting a historic resource survey of Modern resources, one hundred of the most significant at the intensive level
- Completing a multiple resource property National Register of Historic Places nomination for Modern resources that includes ten individual resources
- Creating four walking/driving tours of Michigan’s Modern resources
- Developing a PowerPoint presentation on Michigan Modern
A detailed description of the work is found in the Scope of Work, which is attached as Exhibit A to this Request for Proposal.
Any questions raised by Providers concerning the RFP MUST be submitted in writing. They may be submitted via regular mail, email or fax (email or fax is recommended for expediency). Use “MICHIGAN MODERN RFP QUESTION” in the email or fax subject line. Send questions to the attention of:
Michigan State Housing Development Authority
State Historic Preservation Office
702 W. Kalamazoo Street, 5th Floor
PO Box 30740
Lansing, Michigan 48909
Fax: (517) 335-0348
To ensure a fair and impartial process, Authority staff will not address non-written questions concerning the RFP. Phone calls involving the RFP or related questions will not be accepted. Firms submitting bids shall not contact any Authority staff or Board members except Amy Arnold. All communications with Amy Arnold must be received in writing by June 15, 2010.
The Authority will answer appropriate questions received in a timely manner (e.g., information not covered/answered in the RFP, interpretation issues, etc.) by email to all Providers on or before June 18, 2010. After June 18, 2010 the Authority will hold no other question sessions or bidders conferences.
Firms wishing to submit proposals must submit one (1) original and five (5) copies of a proposal to provide the services described in Exhibit A (Scope of Work). Submitted proposals must respond to and address the questions listed in Exhibit B (Proposal Instructions and Selection Criteria).
The due date for the Authority’s receipt of the proposals responding to this Request for Proposal (“RFP”) is Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 4 p.m.
Click here for more information