Good design is good design.
The Young Architects Forum of Kansas City invites all young designers to submit their work for the 2010 Monsters of Design Competition. Projects of all types and scales (architecture, interiors, products, furniture, lighting, graphics and anything else) are welcome.
Monsters of Design is an annual design awards competition for young architects and/ or designers from or near the Kansas City metro area. MoD exists to recognize the young designers whose work may not be recognized by other awards competitions. All types of design are considered equal in this competition. Ok, so maybe you didn’t design a whole building. Did you design a killer table for the conference room? Submit that. Did your client reject your brilliant idea? Submit it. Did you design a great album cover for your indie rock band? Submit it! Past winners have included a series of handbags, a trailer, and unfinished skin studies of a large building. So we really mean it when we say that good design is good design, regardless of scale, budget, or genre.
New this year… Only the first 100 entires will be considered. Don’t delay register TODAY!
– Entrants can be students or professionals under age 40 as of the end of 2010.
– Entrants must reside and work within 250 miles of Kansas City.
– Entrants may submit work done independently, as a student, employee, or teacher.
– Group projects may be submitted, but only if every member of the group meets all of the eligibility requirements.
– The Monsters of Design awards are meant to recognize designers, not companies. – – – Entries that are submitted under company names will not be considered. Companies are permitted to cover the entry fees of individuals.
– All digital and physical submissions, including renderings, display boards and slideshows, must be the work of the designer(s) responsible for the project submitted. – If a designer was responsible for only certain parts of a larger project, only the portions designed by the qualified entrant may be submitted.
Register online at http://www.monstersofdesign.com – only the first 100 entries will be accepted.
Early Registration (now – August 02): Student: $20 Professional: $40
Late Registration (August 03 – August 31): Student: $30 Professional: $50
Upon receipt of your entry form. In brief, you will be required to submit:
A PowerPoint presentation.
A 20″ × 60″ presentation board for display at the awards party.
The planning committee for the Young Architects Forum of Kansas City will select a panel of Jurors from outside the Kansas City metro area. The jurors will give awards at their discretion. Winners will be notified at the awards party and admission to the party is free; invite your friends.
Dates and deadlines:
August 02: early registration + fees due by noon
August 31: late registration + fees due by noon
September 03: uploaded submissions due by noon
October 01: presentation boards due to the AIA KC office by noon
October 08: MoD awards party – Location TBD
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org