|Deadline: October 9th, 2010|
TPOTY is run by photographers for photographers, judged by renowned photography experts and provides great prizes including travel adventures, photographic equipment, photography tuition and international exposure for your photography.
Who can enter? Anyone! Wherever you live in the world, whether you’re an amateur or professional photographer, and whatever age you are, you can enter TPOTY.
Check out the three portfolio categories, the One Shot single image category, Young TPOTY (for photographers aged 18 years and under), the First Shot beginners’ award and New Talent, for students or those looking to kick-start a career in photography.
TPOTY 2010 has the following categories and themes
* Three portfolio categories – Encounters, Amazing Places and World In Motion
* A One Shot category – Adventures
* First Shot (for less experienced amateur photographers) – Festival of Colour
* New Talent (for those looking to start a career in photography) – Sell It!
* Young Travel Photographer of the Year (two age groups) – Big World Small World
Judges’ Special Award
* Young Photographers’ Alliance award for the best emerging talent. This award will be given by the judges to the most interesting, creative and original entry from a photographer, aged 25 years and under, in either the New Talent or Young Travel Photographer of the Year categories. Find out more.
Travel Photographer of the Year 2010
The Travel Photographer of the Year 2010 will be the photographer who is judged to have submitted the best two portfolios from the three portfolio categories Encounters, World in Motion and Amazing Places.
This Year’s Categories & Themes
The travel experience is enhanced by the encounters we have along the way; encounters with people in the countries we visit, with other travellers, and with and between wildlife.
What are the most amazing places you’ve been to on your travels? What made them so amazing?
World In Motion
Travel, transport and motion go hand in hand. This portfolio gives you scope to show us your journey, how you travelled or some of the movement you encountered when you got there.
Great travel photography sells the dream. The image is more powerful than the word and good travel photography can transport you to a destination or take you on a journey.
Adventure is exciting, uplifting, inspiring and sometimes challenging. In this category we want you to take up the challenge and involve us with your adventure.
Festival of Colour
Colour is evocative, creating atmosphere and a sense of place, drama or tranquility. Colour and travel go hand in hand to create lingering memories. Your challenge is to capture it.
PORTFOLIO £15 per portfolio
NEW TALENT 1 portfolio only £20
ONE SHOT 1 entry in One Shot £10
FIRST SHOT 1 entry in First Shot £10
YOUNG TPOTY Free to enter