The Annual Religious Art and Architecture Design Awards program is co-sponsored by Faith & Form Magazine and the Interfaith Forum on Religion, Art and Architecture (IFRAA), a knowledge community of the American Institute of Architects. The awards program was founded in 1978 with the goal of honoring the best in architecture, liturgical design and art for religious spaces. The program offers five primary categories for awards: Religious Architecture, Liturgical/Interior Design, Sacred Landscape, Religious Arts, and Unbuilt Work.
Awards and Recognition
Award recipients receive significant recognition including printed and framed citations, recognition at an IFRAA awards presentation, full-page coverage in Faith & Form's Annual Awards Issue and project board exhibition at the AIA National Convention.
Entries are welcomed and encouraged from architects, landscape architects, designers, artists, students, and consultants.
The 2012 Jury Panel
- Chair/Architect: Elizabeth Plater-Zyberk / Duany Plater-Zyberk & Co. / Miami, FL
- Architect: Susan Jones / Atelier Jones / Seattle, WA
- Artist: Erling Hope / Hope Liturgical Works / Sag Harbor, NY
- Liturgical Designer: Rolf Rohn / Rohn & Associates Design / Pittsburgh, PA
- Clergy: Rev. W. Joseph Mann / Duke Divinity School / Durham, NC
CLOSING DATE IS JUNE 30 AT MIDNIGHT.