This competition is held by POSCO, a multinational steel producing company headquatered in South Korea, along with its affiliated companies POSCO E&C and POSCO A&C architecture and construction firms. It aims to study new possibilities for designing with steel and discover talented young architects and designers.
This 2012 POSCO Desing Festa's theme is a question about Steel for the Homo Hundred era. Homo Hundred is a pharse used by the UN in its 2009 World Population Aging Report to describe humans whose lifespans will reach 100 years on average in the future. In this new era, how can steel contribute to rest and leisure while creating a new type of production? The answer can be a structure or place or it can be a piece of equipment or a device. To find the answer we need a joyful and persuasive imagination. What does this new world look like?
*Competition Registration: open until 28th May (no registeration fee)
*Eligibility : International students (including graduate students, any major)
*AWARD & Recruitment
- 1st Prize (1 team) : 10,000,000won ($8770 USD) Each, POSCO E&C, POSCO A&C recruitment
- 2nd Prize (2 teams) : 4,000,000won ($3500 USD) Each, POSCO E&C, POSCO A&C recruitment
- 3rd Prize (3 teams) : 2,000,000won ($1750 USD) Each
- Honorable Mention (multiple) : 300,000won ($260 USD) Each
- Popularity Award (1 team) : 300,000won ($260 USD)
- Team with most Facebook ‘LIKES’ at www.facebook.com/poscofesta on public judgement day.
- Exhibition & Online Gallery : All winners
- Publication : Architecture Magazine; Concept
you can visit the competition's website at www.poscofesta.com for more detailed information.