PARK(ING) DAY INSTALLATIONS in Port Credit, Mississauga
COMPETITION OPEN TO: ARTISTS, ART GROUPS, DESIGNERS, ARCHITECTS, LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTS AND ENGINEERS
The Port Credit BIA and the City of Mississauga is seeking artists, art groups, architects, designers and/or engineers to submit proposals to temporarily transform an on-street parking space in Port Credit into a public space this fall as part of the international event Parking Day (Sept 21) and Culture Days 2012 (Sept 28-30).
Up to four Parking Day Installation proposals will be selected with a $500 prize for each winning proposal and a budget of $7,500 for each winning team to design and construct the structure. We are looking for imaginative ideas to create a vibrant streetscape. The installations are intended to be both public art and street furniture and shall aesthetically enhance the overall streetscape, providing space for people in a place usually reserved to park a car.
A maximum of four winning entries will be selected by the following jury:
- Marion Klinnert, Port Credit BIA Board & Beautification Committee Chair
- Marion Morewood, Port Credit BIA Chair & Parking Committee Chair
- Helena Grdadolnik, Public Art Coordinator, Culture Division, City of Mississauga
- Steve Barrett, Manager, Transportation Asset Management, City of Mississauga
- David Anselmi, Senior VP, Development and Sustainability for Parc Downsview Park Inc & Mississauga Urban Design Panel member
- Stuart Keeler, Artist & Curator, Art Gallery Mississauga
- Joseph Rumi, Director, Rumi Galleries
Original PARK(ing) Day concept by Rebar. www.rebargroup.org
For the full competition details visit: