2013 RIBA Norman Foster Travelling Scholarship call for entries
The 2013 RIBA Norman Foster Travelling Scholarship has launched and is inviting applications from schools of architecture around the world. A £6,000 grant will be awarded to one student by a panel of judges which includes Lord Foster and the President of the RIBA.
Students from all RIBA or CAA validated degree programmes from Schools of Architecture worldwide are invited to apply for this £6,000 scholarship, which funds international research on topics and in locations of the student's choosing. The topic of the research should however, relate to the survival of our cities and towns and fall under one of the following themes:
- learning from the past to inform the future
- the future of society
- density of settlements
- use of resources
- quality of urban life
The deadline for applications is: Friday 26th April.
- must be enrolled in a School of Architecture with RIBA or CAA validated degree programmes or from a specially invited school or architecture centre AND
- must have successfully completed at least the first year of a Part 1 degree.
Each school only can submit one application produced by one student.
How to apply
Each school with RIBA or CAA validated degree courses is invited to submit one application for the scholarship from one of its students. Each school chooses its own method of selecting its student but the completed application form must be signed by the Head of School.
The application consists of:
- one completed application form signed by the student AND the Head of School and
- one A1 ‘poster’ presented as a pdf file detailing the proposal (topic, objective, locations). Applicants are restricted to 500 words for the poster submission and the file size should not exceed 5 MB. Applicants that exceed these limits may jeopardise their chances of success.
Additionally, applicants may submit video submissions as additional supporting material with a maximum duration of 2 minutes.
The application form can be downloaded below: